A consultation published yesterday would see schools in England forced to meet 37 promises covering one-to-one tuition, cultural visits and healthy eating. Parents will be able to inform the Local Government Ombudsman and seek court action if schools fail to fulfil the requirements. Headteachers’ leaders claimed it would become a ‘whinger’s charter’.
I wonder how many more issues across the city will our traveling band of PPCS object to? and not one of them as come up with an alternative solution. Politics
“We will introduce fairer taxes by closing loopholes for the richest, introducing a tax on mansions and tax cuts of £700 for everyone else.
“If your child is at school in Salford, we can promise investment to help reduce class sizes, improve discipline and develop one-to-one tuition.
- Tax Cuts of £700–00 per person? as any one done the sums?what a fantastic statement. It would be fantastic if only possible.Just out of interest get an average figure for the working Population of England and do the sums. The reality is we can’t afford it.How do they think we would pay for it?
- Tax on Mansions how much do they think that would raise?not that many in Salford.
- Reduce class sizes.? well yet again how many more teachers would we need. What would be the cost. I nearly fell off the chair Salford Struggles to run it’s school Budgets, and next year the DSG will more than likely be top sliced.It’s Probably the same across the Country.
- One to one Tuition?by whom.have you looked how schools operate?
- Improve Discipline. that seems funny coming from a Liberal Stand point, will you be bringing back corporal punishment? no i don’t think so.
Of course all this would be a great idea, if it was possible, only yesterday you chucked out unworkable policy and today you put in some more.