Who said all’s bad in Condem Britain!!
The business secretary, who is responsible for getting the fees legislation through parliament, said in an interview published yesterday that he would vote in favour of lifting the cap on annual tuition fees in England to up to £9,000, but later again indicated he could abstain on the controversial policy.
In an interview published in the Richmond and Twickenham Times, Cable said he had “no doubt” that he should vote in favour of the fees rise, in an apparent reversal of his comments last week that he might abstain in next Thursday’s vote. “Obviously I have a duty as a minister to vote for my own policy – and that is what will happen,” Cable told the paper.
But last night the minister appeared to reverse his decision, when questioned about the local paper story on student radio. “I didn’t announce anything. I think there might have been some slight misunderstanding,” Cable said in the interview, which was also broadcast on the Today programme this morning.
When New Labour in Salford put forward the cuts ask yourself some serious questions,
- How much does the Chief Executive of the city get paid in relation to the Prime Minister.?
- How much as executive pay risen for the top earners within the city over the past Three years,?
- How much cash as been spent on consultants?
- How much Cash have we wasted over the past three years on the Ice Rink.Fun Fair,and Salford Life.
- What is an Executive Support Member? what is the role, how much cash do they take out of the city,
- How many Labour councillors have the Role of Lead member,Scrutiny chairs,Executive support member and sit on out side Bodies,Hospital Committees etc etc ,and finely what is the total cost to the Tax payer.
- In relation to the money spent how many real jobs have we created within the city.
- How much Money is written off each year,
- Do we carry levels of reserves to cover extreme situations like 14% front loaded Condemn Cuts.
- Will the job cuts be shared accross all levels of the city staff and not just the shop floor.
I think you can all add to the list but why not write to Cllr Merry and ask the questions that are on your mind.
Cllr Merry writes that i was a FAILURE when in the role of budget Spokesman for Cllr Owen– Well that is his veiw i have mine,but we put forward ideas and they went straight in the Bin,without cooparation and joint working what results can you expect,i have only one thing to add Don’t be fooled into the statement that it’s not our fault it’s the Condems,the reality is what the CONDEMS are doing is simple, they are destroying the fabric of the welfare state,the sad part is with the mess New labour made it allowed the Tories and the Liberal Democrats a free run,so think about the issues and remember next may you will have an alternative.